Re: Tempo spanners

From: Kieren MacMillan
Subject: Re: Tempo spanners
Date: Mon, 23 Feb 2015 21:38:50 -0500

Hi Dominic,

> How can I get both the metronome mark and the tempo spanner to be
> interpreted on a single line in the Score context AND still have full
> independence of text spanners within individual staffs?

Does this help?

\version "2.19"

\layout {
  \context {
    \type "Engraver_group"
    \name "ScoreSpanner"
    \consists "Axis_group_engraver"
    \consists "Metronome_mark_engraver"
    \override MetronomeMark.Y-offset = #0
    \consists "Time_signature_engraver"
    \override TimeSignature.stencil = #point-stencil
    \consists "Text_spanner_engraver"
    \markLengthOff
    \override VerticalAxisGroup.staff-affinity = #DOWN
  }
  \context {
    \Score
    \accepts "ScoreSpanner"
    \remove "Metronome_mark_engraver"

tempoMarks = {
  \override TextSpanner.bound-details.left.text =
    \markup { \combine \bold \upright "rall." \transparent "ty" }
  \time 4/4
  \tempo "Allegro" 4 = 98
  s1
  s1*7/8 \startTextSpan s8 \stopTextSpan
  s1
  \bar "|."
}

localSpanner = {
  \override Staff.TextSpanner.bound-details.left.text =
    \markup { \medium \upright \whiteout "sul pont." }
}

musicOne = \relative c' {
  \localSpanner
  c4 \startTextSpan d e f  |