Re: Compile .ly via terminal in mac

From: Tim Walters
Subject: Re: Compile .ly via terminal in mac
Date: Fri, 13 Feb 2015 09:29:51 -0800

/Applications/LilyPond.app/Contents/Resources/bin/lilypond "file.ly"

On 2/13/15 7:16 AM, jrsv wrote:
Hello forum,

I am new user of lilypond. I need to help out a friend compiling his scores.
We have setup a dropbox shared folder and I am preparing an automator action
in Mac to compile the files automatically via terminal.

so far I only manage to open the file with lilypond, meaning that when I
type

/Applications/LilyPond.app/Contents/MacOS/LilyPond "file.ly"

lilypond opens,

question is:

what would be the exact line to compile the file into a pdf??. Yes, I have
seen the documentation online but I cant seem to wrap my mind around it.

thank you for any help provided