Re: Lilypond, Linux and Vim

From: Kevin Tough
Subject: Re: Lilypond, Linux and Vim
Date: Fri, 13 Feb 2015 16:46:19 +0100

On Fri, 2015-02-13 at 13:56 +0100, Johan Vromans wrote:
> On Fri, 13 Feb 2015 08:54:58 +0100
> Kevin Tough <address@hidden> wrote:
>
> > Once again my favorite linux OS Fedora is giving me  some problems.
>
> Oh? Let's see...
>
> > The implementation of Lilypond with Vim is good.
>
> Ok.
>
> > Packaged with Lilypond 2.18.2 the software is reasonably up to date.
>
> I'd call this 'up to date' since 2.18.2 is the latest stable release.
>
> > Networking with Fedora has
> > recently given me problems with one notebook no longer making it's wired
> > connection.
>
> Ok, so you have networking problems with one notebook.
> I'd suggest to sort this out instead of moving to another distro for this
> reason only.
>
> -- Johan
>    Using RedHat/Fedora since 1995

Hi Johan,
you are probably right. As a hobby .net programmer Fedora is likely good
to stay with. Some day, hopefully before I retire, I hope to be able to
give something back to Linux(Fedora), Vim and/or Lilypond.

I'll check if maybe I can solve this problem temporarily by setting up
the notebook with a wireless connection. The notebook is a Fujitzu Amilo
and probably rare, so I don't expect anyone to be able to help me on
hardware side.

Thanks for the tip.

Namaste,
Kevin Tough