Re: converting old to new version not working right

From: Mats Bengtsson
Subject: Re: converting old to new version not working right
Date: Mon, 9 Feb 2015 22:21:31 +0000 (UTC)

Thomas Spuhler <thomas.spuhler <at> btspuhler.com> writes:

> On Monday, February 09, 2015 01:52:41 PM Jim Long wrote:
> > > but when I convert this file with the command
> > > convert-ly -edc --from=2.13.8 part-vocal-keyboard.ly
> > >
> > > it adds on top of the file \version "2.16.0"
> > >
> > > I have version 2.18.2 installed.
> > >
> > > why is it only updating to version 2.16.0?

Did you check if the convert-ly command resulted in any warning or error
messages? It's not uncommon that convert-ly finds a construct that it's not
able to handle automatically. If this is the case, it write an error message
on the output and only converts the file up to the version that it was able
to handle. You then have to manually edit that specific part of the file and
then you can use convert-ly to continue its automatic updates. I have
experienced some old files where this process has to be repeated several
times before convert-ly is able to bring it all up to the latest version
(i.e. the latest version that required any changes of the syntax).

   /Mats