Re: converting old to new version not working right

From: Thomas Spuhler
Subject: Re: converting old to new version not working right
Date: Mon, 09 Feb 2015 14:52:31 -0700

On Monday, February 09, 2015 01:39:57 PM Jim Long wrote:
> > $ locate convert-ly
> > /usr/bin/convert-ly
> > /usr/share/doc/lilypond-doc/share/man/man1/convert-ly.1
> > /usr/share/man/man1/convert-ly.1.xz
>
> You likely know, but for the benefit of others who may not,
> locate is not definitive.  At least on systems I'm familiar with,
> locate uses a database which is updated only periodically, and
> which could be several days out of date.  'find' OTOH, *is*
> definitive, which is why I suggested its usage.  In case you had
> found multiple executables, I should have also suggested running
> 'which convert-ly' to show which executable comes first in the
> search path.  But no matter.
>
> > Looking into the file /usr/bin/convert-ly shows, it's 2.18.2
>
> What's the URL of the source file you're converting?
>
> Jim
http://nicolas.sceaux.free.fr/index.php/2009/06/20/40
click on LiliPond sources

The file is considered a mess by some folks that have been trying to compile it
on a Mac using
Lilipond.

But the pdf he made looks great and I would like to make some changes.

--
Best regards
Thomas Spuhler

All of my e-mails have a valid digital signature
ID 60114E63