Re: Gridly: simple Segmented Grid

From: Matteo Ceccarello
Subject: Re: Gridly: simple Segmented Grid
Date: Mon, 09 Feb 2015 09:56:30 +0100

Hi all,

as I've already expressed privately I think this is a great project - thank you for following up on my ideas. If I get the README right this will in fact overcome several limitations of my so-far manual approach. I hope we'll be able to make that generally available in the most straight-forward manner.

thank you very much, Urs! I'm glad you like it and I also hope we can make it available and easy to use soon!

However, your example files don't compile with LilyPond 2.19.

Unluckily I'm running LilyPond 2.18.2, so I didn't have the chance to run into this error. I'll install LilyPond 2.19 as soon as possible, so I can try to fix the template. Luckily enough it seems an error in the \SATBChoir template definitition, not in the core code :-)

Here I see room for starting some discussion on automated testing. I think that example files can serve also as test files, to check that code changes or version changes do not break things. Github has an associated continuous integration service called [Travis CI](https://travis-ci.org/) that runs test suites (or arbitrary commands) on each push. There is no explicit support for LilyPond, but I think that we can make it work anyway.

For it to behave as expected, you now need \new Voice (where you didn’t before)
— maybe that’s messing things up?

Thanks for the pointer Kieren, That will be the starting point to fix this bug.

Cheers
Matteo

--
Matteo Ceccarello, PhD student, Computer Engineering
Universita' di Padova, Dipartimento di Ingegneria dell'Informazione,