Re: Emacs mode for files containing lyrics

From: Jakub Pavlík
Subject: Re: Emacs mode for files containing lyrics
Date: Sat, 31 Jan 2015 13:40:39 +0100

From the description I don't understand your problem. Why is the lilypond mode not suitable for you purposes? The example seems to be just a regular lilypond file ...

Jakub

I find it wonderful that some Emacs wizard(s) took the trouble to write a
LilyPond mode for processing LilyPond files. My own ability in writing Emacs
Lisp, in particular: writing modes using Emacs Lisp, is at a very low level.
If the author(s) of the Emacs LilyPond mode could speak to me, I'd like to
have a special mode for files containing only lyrics.

Currently, if I have a file containing lyrics called "min-lyrics.ly",
working on the file looks terrible when font-lock-mode is active.

LyricsSoprano = \lyricmode { When, for each lace bit in a cup, a dozen goats
reach mint family }
/-/-/-/-/- end of min-lyrics.ly -/-/-/-/-/

I looked in the file "lilypond-font-lock.el", but the complexity is too much
for me.