Re: arpeggio on single note

From: Dominic
Subject: Re: arpeggio on single note
Date: Thu, 29 Jan 2015 16:01:56 -0700 (MST)

I also ran into this problem recently. Here is what I came up with as a
visually acceptable solution:

/\version "2.19"
\relative c' {
        \once \override Arpeggio.positions = #'(-2 . 1)
        \once \override Stem.extra-offset = #'(0 . 1)
        \once \override Stem.length-fraction = #0.75
        \once \override Flag.extra-offset = #'(0 . 1)
        <a' \tweak transparent ##t f>8\arpeggio
}/

(change the numerical values to your liking)

Basically, I have made a chord (so that the arpeggio has something to attach
to), then I've hidden the lower note, and moved the stem and flag around to
cover up any messiness.