Re: shape in 2.16.2

From: tisimst
Subject: Re: shape in 2.16.2
Date: Tue, 20 Jan 2015 14:10:38 -0700 (MST)

Luca Danieli wrote
> I really like Lilypond, so congrats to everybody! But some errors are very
> frustrating.
> Just a few questions:
> 1) does the function shape (for slurs) work in the version 2.16.2?
> 2) the fantastic references on the website are constantly updated to the
> last version?
> (I often get problems and errors by simply copying and pasting example
> codes from the website.)

Luca,

You came to the right place if you are having errors. I have a few
questions/suggestions for you:

1. The documentation for previous versions is always available online ( here
<http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.16/Documentation/web/manuals>   is the link for
2.16.2).
2. What operating system are you using? If you are on linux, the version in
your repository may not be up-to-date. Unfortunately, this is quite common.
Any other OS, you should be able to get the latest  stable
<http://lilypond.org/download.html>  / unstable
<http://lilypond.org/development.html>   versions installed.
3. Can you give at least one specific examples of what isn't working for you
(i.e., a small, compileable snippet)?

Hope That Helps!
-Abraham