Re: OT: Re: Grand Advanced Stylesheet Project (GASP)

From: Kieren MacMillan
Subject: Re: OT: Re: Grand Advanced Stylesheet Project (GASP)
Date: Mon, 19 Jan 2015 19:08:09 -0500

Hi all,

> "Chord Chart”

+1

> the compact chord symbols have yet to make it into LilyPond

I don’t think those (or any other) chord symbols should “make it into Lilypond”
— instead, I think we should have stylesheets like

    stylesheets/chords/ChordNames.ily

and

    stylesheets/chords/names/Ignatzek.ily
    stylesheets/chords/names/compact.ily
    stylesheets/chords/names/RoehmerBrandt.ily
    etc.

That way, a user can

    \include “stylesheets/ChordChart.ily”
    \include "stylesheets/chords/names/compact.ily”

and Lilypond will Do The Right Thing™.

Cheers,
Kieren.

Kieren MacMillan, composer