Question about \afterGrace

From: Cynthia Karl
Subject: Question about \afterGrace
Date: Thu, 15 Jan 2015 12:22:14 -0600

The following snippet is based on the afterGrace snippet on p.136 of the
2.19.15 Notation manual:

\version "2.19.15"

\score {
  <<
      \new Staff \relative c'' {
                             d1~\afterGrace
                             d1\startTrillSpan { c32[ d]\stopTrillSpan }
                             c2 r2
      }
      \new Staff \relative c'' {
                             \repeat unfold 16 d8
                             d8 r8 r4 r2
      }

  \layout {}
  \midi {}
}

This snippet produces the attached output, showing that the two grace notes
occur after beat 3 and before beat 4 of the second measure; the midi file also
shows this.  This doesn't seem right to me.  I think they should occur much
later in the second measure.  Is this output correct?  Is there a way to slide
them to just before the bar line at the end of measure 2?