Re: Page Headers

From: Chris Trahan
Subject: Re: Page Headers
Date: Wed, 14 Jan 2015 10:16:37 -0600

On Wed, Jan 14, 2015 at 2:45 AM, Pierre Perol-Schneider <address@hidden> wrote:
Hi Chris,

Do you mean that you modifed titling-init.ly ?
If yes, I don't think it is a good idea...

How about :

\version "2.18.2"

\paper {
  oddHeaderMarkup = \markup\on-the-fly #not-part-first-page
    \fill-line {
      \null
      \fromproperty #'header:title
      \on-the-fly \print-page-number-check-first
        \fromproperty #'page:page-number-string
    }
  evenHeaderMarkup = \markup\on-the-fly #not-part-first-page
  \fill-line {
    \on-the-fly \print-page-number-check-first
        \fromproperty #'page:page-number-string
    \fromproperty #'header:title
    \null

\header {
  title = "My Title"
}

{
  \repeat unfold 50 { s1*4 \break }
  \bar "|."
}

HTH,
Pierre

I figured it out. I went into the ly/titling-init.ly file and changed this
line

\on-the-fly #not-part-first-page \fromproperty #'header:instrument

to this line

\on-the-fly #not-part-first-page \fromproperty #'header:title

in both the oddHeaderMarkup variable and the evenHeaderMarkup variable.

Chris