"Collect" barnumbers for line and page breaks

From: Urs Liska
Subject: "Collect" barnumbers for line and page breaks
Date: Sat, 10 Jan 2015 15:44:19 +0100

Hi list,

is it possible to collect the measure/measure-position values of all breaks in a compilation and output that to a logfile?

As mentioned yesterday I found a way to ask LilyPond to compile only a portion of a score by passing a range of measures. And if I had a generated list of all current breaks I could ask LilyPond to recompile just the staff (or page) I'm currently working on. Eventually this could be extended with the help of outputting single files for systems (à la lilypond-book-preamble). I think of having Frescobaldi display not a usual engraved PDF but concatenate these individual system images. Then the autocompile function could be used to only autocompile the "current" system - which would be a huge improvement in terms of responsiveness.

As mentioned in my post a few minutes ago I haven't understood yet how engravers, listeners and friends actually work so I'd need some starters to get me going.

TIA
Urs