Re: Information about Parts

From: Urs Liska
Subject: Re: Information about Parts
Date: Thu, 08 Jan 2015 22:22:14 +0100

To make it short: LilyPond has a totally different approach to "extracting" parts. And I'm sure it will serve you well.

Basically you store your music in variables (e.g. one variable for each "part", say "violin 1" or "soprano").
Then you put them together in a \score { } _expression_, stacking and nesting staves and putting (one or more) voices in staves.
And then you can put them in another \score  { } _expression_ in another file to produce the single part.

Of course there is some practicing involved, but in the end I'm sure this is much more reliable and versatile than with GUI programs where you write a score and "extract" the parts.

HTH
Urs