Re: Fixed distance between staves in all systems

From: Knute Snortum
Subject: Re: Fixed distance between staves in all systems
Date: Sun, 4 Jan 2015 12:45:13 -0800

I'm in the same position and I used

\override StaffGrouper.staff-staff-spacing.minimum-distance = #10

I'm not positive that is the best solution, but it's a start.

Knute Snortum
(via Gmail)

On Sat, Jan 3, 2015 at 3:34 PM, Javier Ruiz-Alma <address@hidden> wrote:
I'm in the process of upgrading LP code from version 2.2.0 to 2.18.

In the following section:

%%%- start snip
\layout{
    \context {
        \PianoStaff
        \accepts Dynamics
        \override VerticalAlignment.forced-distance = #6
%%%- end snip

Not being familiar with such early LP version, I'm assuming the original typesetter set a fixed distance between the staves in each system throughout the piece.

Convert-ly is unable to update this forced distance override, giving this warning:
"...2.11.15, Not smart enough to convert VerticalAlignment #'forced-distance. Use the `alignment-
offsets' sub-property of NonMusicalPaperColumn #'line-break-system-details to set fixed distances between staves. 2.11.23, 2.11.35,..."

I'm not understanding how to re-create the intended forced distance between each staff with the relevant section of NR, as the examples given involve vertical positioning of each staff within a page:

Any ideas of how to set this?