Re: Condensing single-bar rests into a multi-measure rest

From: David Sumbler
Subject: Re: Condensing single-bar rests into a multi-measure rest
Date: Sun, 04 Jan 2015 09:39:49 +0000

On Sun, 2015-01-04 at 09:26 +0100, Urs Liska wrote:
> >I have now corrected my version of the combineMMRests function, but
> >unfortunately it still leaves my output unaffected.
> >
> >I can see how something like this could work - unfortunately my
> >understanding at this stage of Scheme and Lilypond internals is
> >insufficient for me to see where the problem might be or to write
> >something similar from scratch.
> >
> >I can't see why \parallelMusic should cause a problem: presumably it
> >just returns exactly what the individual parts would produce if they
> >were not interleaved in the parallelMusic structure.
> >
> >David
> >

> But you do have the \compressFullBarRests somewhere?
>
> Urs

Oops!  No, I hadn't, and now that I have included it things appear to
work perfectly.

I'm delighted to see that I can simply include \compressFullBarRests in
each individual instrument's Staff without it adversely affecting the
output of the score, which obviously needs the rests to be shown
individually (unless all instruments are 'tacet' for 2 or more bars).

Sincere thanks for all your help.

David