Re: Alternative fonts glyph support

From: Davide Liessi
Subject: Re: Alternative fonts glyph support
Date: Sat, 03 Jan 2015 11:19:32 +0100

Dear Abraham,

I think that a font should not contain glyphs from another font.
I also think that Emmentaler should be the fallback font in LilyPond, no matter which font you choose in your document.
So the best solution in my opinion is:

1. For the time being, you should keep including Emmentaler glyphs in your fonts. 2. LilyPond should be changed so that if it cannot find a glyph in the selected font it uses the corresponding glyph from Emmentaler. 3. Once this is in place, you should remove all Emmentaler glyphs from alternative fonts.

Can someone add point 2. as a feature request?

Best wishes.
Davide