Re: \markup and gregorian.ly

From: Simon Albrecht
Subject: Re: \markup and gregorian.ly
Date: Mon, 29 Dec 2014 19:40:28 +0100

Am 29.12.2014 13:53, schrieb Alicuota618:
Merci Pierre,

this works fine but must be inserted in all subsequent files. A job for sed...

Francois

<address@hidden>:
Hi François,
In your layout bloc you can try to add : \override
Score.SpacingSpanner.packed-spacing = ##f
E.g:

\version "2.18.2"

\include "gregorian.ly"
\score {
   <<
     \new Voice = "cantus" {
       c'^\markup "a very very very very long text" c' a a g f f
     }
     \new Lyrics \lyricsto "cantus" {
       San- ctus, San- ctus, San- ctus

\layout {
   \context {
     \Score
     \override SpacingSpanner.packed-spacing = ##f

HTH,
Pierre

Hello,

\version "2.18.0"

I get troubles with \include "gregorian.ly" and \markup inside
music-blocks

I have a main file which includes "file1.ly" include "file2.ly"
include "fileEtc.ly"
Some files contain \include "gregorian.ly" (version "2.17.30" says the
file), the others are "normal" music-files

When compiling, all normal files are fine. When a file with \include
"gregorian.ly" is readen, all normal files after it containing a
\markup in music-block are odd-looking, since there is a kind of
wait-the-end-of-markup-text-before-next-note (look attachment, first
and last example are the same file, twice included)

BTW, I know I dont need gregorian.ly in this example but I will have
to use it anyway in this project.

So my question: is there any \exclude "gregorian.ly" to put after the
file?
If I may add an explanation to this: the idea of an \exclude command is somewhat contradictory to how \include works: Lilypond will behave as though the contents of the included file were written in exactly the place where the \include command sits. In other words: you could as well copy&paste the content of gregorian.ly into your file. If you now want to undo the effect of gregorian.ly, just have look into it and revert its effects at a later point in the input, for example by another \layout environment for a subsequent book, bookpart, or score. See <http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.18/Documentation/notation/input-structure> and <http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.18/Documentation/notation/including-lilypond-files>.

HTH, Simon

Thanks in advance,

Francois