Re: help with floating windows on Frescobaldi, I lost my Music Pane

From: Kathryn Strauch
Subject: Re: help with floating windows on Frescobaldi, I lost my Music Pane
Date: Sat, 13 Dec 2014 17:10:46 +0000 (UTC)

Thank you.

From: Colin Campbell <address@hidden>
To: address@hidden
Sent: Saturday, December 13, 2014 12:04 PM

On 2014-12-13 11:48 AM, Kathryn Strauch wrote:
 Frescobaldi 2.0.16, Lillypond 2.18.2-1 on Mac OSX 10.8.5

I inadvertantly converted the compiled Music View pane into a floating window and later closed that window.  I can't get the window back and, if I get it back, I can't figure out how to dock it back into the main Fresobalding window next to my text input pane.  A screen shot of my current main window is attached.

Sorry to bother everyone, but I am new to this.

Thank you,
Kathy

I may not be much use, Kathy, as I'm on linux and not all that familiar with Mac UI standards. You need Frescobaldi's Tools menu and select Music View. That should give you back your floating window. As to putting it back, just grab the top edge and drag it where you want it to stay.

HTH, Kathy!
Colin

--
I've learned that you shouldn't go through life with a catcher's mitt on both hands.
You need to be able to throw something back.