Re: Displaying add9

From: Knute Snortum
Subject: Re: Displaying add9
Date: Tue, 9 Dec 2014 15:51:34 -0800

An issue has been added about this.  Here is an easy workaround (Thanks, Keith):

  \new ChordNames \with {additionalPitchPrefix = "add" }
  \chordmode {
    c1:9^7 % Cadd9   root-3-5-9
    c1:9   % C9      root-3-5-7-9
  }

Knute Snortum
(via Gmail)

On Tue, Dec 9, 2014 at 2:27 PM, Jan Kohnert <address@hidden> wrote:
Hi,

Am Montag, 8. Dezember 2014, 08:45:24 schrieb Knute Snortum:
> The latest version I could find that displayed "add9" for 9^7 is 2.14.2.
> Somewhere between that and 2.16.2 we lost the ability.

good to know, I thought 2.16 still had the ability. I tried to compile latest
2.16, but I'm not easily able to do so due to python and autotools stuff
unavailable on recent Gentoo. So I'll just believe you. :)

> I tend to think of this as a regression bug, although an old one.  c:9^7 is
> not the same as c:9.  As I use "add9" a lot I would like to see this
> function restored.  Should I post to bugs?

Though it's not a real regression (see Phil's mail), it should be reported.
Whould you do that, or do you want me to do so? Since you seem to have easy
access to older versions of lilypond, you could be the better contact person.
:) If you don't want to file a bug, please give a short response, and I'll
file it and post the link here, probably you could help with some small pics
of older versions then.

Thanks again, and thanks to Phil, too!

--
MfG Jan