Re: lilypond-cheatsheets

From: sg2002
Subject: Re: lilypond-cheatsheets
Date: Mon, 01 Dec 2014 14:42:43 +0300

Since it's a LilyPond cheat sheet, wouldn't it be better to use c' cis' d'
etc instead of C3 and so on?
I felt that using the so called scientific notation just provides an example to customize further. Using lilypond notation is easy. Just remove this line from cheatsheets.ly:
\override NoteName.stencil = \note-name-stencil

Also, guitar sounds an octave lower than notated, which is
often indicated by a small 8 below the clef.
Haven't changed from the default clef because the documentation got me a bit confused. Theoretically treble_8 is the clef we want. And the documentation says that it should transpose one octave lower. But if we set to it, it seems one octave higher. Is it so because we use custom instrument tuning? So, only this works:
\clef "treble_8"

\transpose c c, {

\staff-music