Re: Overriding repeat bar line after line break without altering it befo

From: Peter Crighton
Subject: Re: Overriding repeat bar line after line break without altering it before line break?
Date: Sun, 16 Nov 2014 00:46:00 +0100

> Hello,
>
> I need to offset a repeat bar line at the beginning of a system without
> moving the bar line at the end of the system above before the line break. Is
> that possible? Something like \alterBreak, but for non-spanners would help …
>
> \version "2.19.13"
> \relative c' {
>   c1 \break
>   \once \override Score.BarLine.extra-offset = #'(-1 . 0)
>   \repeat volta 2 {
>     c \break
>   }
> }
>
> This code has the desired output in the second system (well, it looks ugly
> in this case, but it’s correct in the non-minimal code I’m working on), but
> also moves the bar line in the first system, which is not desired.
>
> Does anybody know a solution?
>
> Thanks,
> Peter

Hi Peter,

try:

\relative c' {
  c1 \break
  \override Score.BarLine.after-line-breaking =
  #(lambda (grob)
    (if (= (ly:item-break-dir grob) RIGHT)
        (ly:grob-set-property! grob 'extra-offset '(-1 . 0))))
  \repeat volta 2 {
    c \break

Thanks, that’s exactly what I was looking for!

Though, maybe better to override Clef.space-alist instead:

\override Score.Clef.space-alist.staff-bar = #'(extra-space . 0.0)

That might be better, but in my case I don’t have any clefs (I’m working on chord sheets – didn’t incorporate that into my example), so the first approach is perfect. Thank you!

--
Peter Crighton | Musician & Music Engraver based in Mainz, Germany
http://www.petercrighton.de