Re: Lyric Spacing With Slurs - Help Requested

From: tisimst
Subject: Re: Lyric Spacing With Slurs - Help Requested
Date: Wed, 12 Nov 2014 11:12:41 -0700 (MST)

Br. Jorgensen,

I used your snippet (with slight corrections) and I don't get any spacing errors (see attached). Here's my code:

%<------------- SNIP --------------

\score {
  <<
     \new Staff \relative c' {
           \time 3/4
           \key g \major
           e4( f) g | f( d) fis |
     }
    \addlyrics {
          San -- ctus | San -- ctus |

Now, if there are other synchronized staves in the same system that have more movement than this vocal selection, this may be the cause, but without more information (if there is more), I can't see any error in your code (i.e., there's no reason the middle notes should get pushed out since no text is attached to them via the melisma).

Regards,
Abraham