Re: thanks again for the editionEngraver

From: Paul Morris
Subject: Re: thanks again for the editionEngraver
Date: Fri, 31 Oct 2014 06:49:13 -0700 (PDT)

Urs Liska wrote
> That sounds reasonable.
> However, original breaks *are* part of the content so that's not a
> mixture.

Hi Urs,

Well, I see where you're coming from, but I think we are understanding
"content" differently here.[1]

The original breaks are an important means to render the original
version/presentation of the score, and you would probably want to include
them in your file(s) so that version remained an option.  But since the
original layout is just one possible version/presentation among others, that
tells me they are a matter of presentation and not content, in the way I'm
understanding this distinction.

Cheers,
-Paul

[1] See the following for the distinction between content and presentation
that I have in mind:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Separation_of_presentation_and_content