Re:tie and slur problem

From: tisimst
Subject: Re:tie and slur problem
Date: Tue, 28 Oct 2014 10:15:15 -0700 (PDT)

Stephen,

You should realize that there are two ways to add grace-style notes to your music (sorry, this also relates to the other thread "Slur and acciaccatura in chords"):

1. \grace (no slur) & \appogiatura (automatic slur)
2. \slashedGrace (no slur) & \acciaccatura (automatic slur)

If you need to control the direction of the slur more directly, you can always use the \slashedGrace and manual slur-direction syntax like this:

\slashedGrace b8_( <g a c>4 )

This way, you can use "^(" to make the slur go up and "_(" to make the slur go down at-will (which you can use in any other normal slur and phrasing-slur usage, not just with grace notes). And, until there is a better solution, you may have to tweak the shape of the slur to go to the correct note (say you wanted to go the "a" in the chord).

Regards,
Abraham

P.S. Sorry, the direction of this message also relates to the other thread "Slurs and acciaccatura in chords:

http://lilypond.1069038.n5.nabble.com/RE-Slur-and-acciaccatura-in-chords-tp168002p168036.html