Re: Scheme function to affect a compound music expression?

From: Peter Crighton
Subject: Re: Scheme function to affect a compound music expression?
Date: Fri, 24 Oct 2014 23:01:26 +0200

So it looks like LilyPond wants to merge the rests,
but will do this only if they seem identical.

Having read through the regression snippet
and been inspired by the way it removes things,
we can modify bgr to make it remove rests:

bgr = #(define-music-function (parser location music) (ly:music?)
  (music-map (lambda (mus)
    (if (music-is-of-type? mus 'rest-event)
      (make-music 'SkipEvent mus)
      #{
        \tweak NoteHead.font-size #-2
        \tweak Accidental.font-size #-2
        #mus
      #}))
    music ))

Note A: found 'rest-event in the Internals Reference
Note B: renamed your parameter to not imply just "note"

Hope this helps.

Thanks again, Robin, this helps a lot!

The next time I dive into Scheming I might be getting further by myself before I have to ask on the list. :)

--
Peter Crighton | Musician & Music Engraver based in Mainz, Germany
http://www.petercrighton.de