Re: Anyone have experience with PDF/A-1b?

From: Henning Hraban Ramm
Subject: Re: Anyone have experience with PDF/A-1b?
Date: Wed, 15 Oct 2014 17:52:28 +0600

Am 2014-10-15 um 08:26 schrieb Vaughan McAlley <address@hidden>:

> I want to try to produce PDF/A-1b files from Lilypond to submit to the
> Australian Music Centre (australianmusiccentre.com.au). It looks like it
> would be possible to do this by exporting to Postscript and using Ghostscript:
>
> http://www.ghostscript.com/doc/9.14/Ps2pdf.htm#PDFA
>
> Has anyone done this and have any tips or pitfalls before I start on this
> journey myself?

The only thing missing in LilyPond’s PDF files is the XMP metadata mark of
PDF/A-1(b). Every other requirement is fulfilled, as soon as you disable links.
#(ly:set-option (quote no-point-and-click))

The reasons they give against „regular“ PDFs are not valid, at least for
LilyPond’s PDFs - I guess they experienced some really bad data (maybe scanned
scores in PDFs, but even that wouldn’t require printing and re-scanning).
Probably they just don’t know what they’re talking about - I had similar
nonsensical requirements from several printshops.

Greetlings, Hraban
---
fiëé visuëlle
Henning Hraban Ramm