Re: Unexpected TabStaff creation

From: Federico Bruni
Subject: Re: Unexpected TabStaff creation
Date: Tue, 30 Sep 2014 16:10:08 +0200

Put the overrides in a \layout block, like:

\layout {
  \override TabStaff.Stemstencil = ##f
}

This won't create a new context, but it will apply it when you create one.

It's also a way to keep music and style separated.

Yes, I keep them separated as much as I can.
Putting this in a layout block won’t work here, though. I have extended \improvisationOn to work to my liking with TabStaffs:

improvisationOn = {
  \set squashedPosition = #0
  \override NoteHead.style = #'slash
  \override Accidental.stencil = ##f
  \override AccidentalCautionary.stencil = ##f
  \override TabStaff.Stem.stencil = ##f
  \override TabStaff.Flag.stencil = ##f
  \override TabStaff.Beam.stencil = ##f
  \override TabStaff.Dots.stencil = ##f
}

I can’t simply put a layout block in there.
So, now by calling \improvisationOn in a score without a TabStaff I came upon the undesired output.

I see what's the problem. I had a similar one some time ago and i could not solve it:
https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/lilypond-user/2012-11/msg00724.html