Unexpected TabStaff creation

From: Peter Crighton
Subject: Unexpected TabStaff creation
Date: Mon, 29 Sep 2014 20:50:39 +0200

I’m pretty sure this is not expected output, is it? (See attached image.)

\version "2.19.13"

<<

  \override TabStaff.Stem.stencil = ##f

  c'1

This seems to occur with every kind of TabStaff override.

In the score I was working on the TabStaff didn’t show, but when I was removing the Clef_engraver in my (non-Tab) staff, there was still the same amount of space in the front, and the time signature didn’t move to the beginning of the line. I narrowed the problem down to the above scenario, but don’t know yet why the TabStaff didn’t show in my score, only the spacing problem. As if there was an invisible TabStaff present, that didn’t take any space.

--
Peter Crighton | Musician & Music Engraver based in Mainz, Germany
http://www.petercrighton.de