Time signatures ¢¢ and cc

From: Dan Eble
Subject: Time signatures ¢¢ and cc
Date: Fri, 26 Sep 2014 02:10:26 +0000 (UTC)

I have a hymnal in which many songs have time signatures with symbols
"cc" and "¢¢" [doubled cut-time symbol].  I can't find any information on
these online.  Does anyone know what they actually mean?  Were they
common historically, or is this hymnal just using them ad hoc?

My hypothesis based on the context and the feeling of the songs as they
are usually sung is that "¢¢" is 4/2 (i.e. 2/2 + 2/2) and "cc" is a misprint.
("cc" appears very rarely.)