Re: How to print measure position as each note prints

From: Paul Morris
Subject: Re: How to print measure position as each note prints
Date: Wed, 24 Sep 2014 05:56:47 -0700 (PDT)

Jay Vara wrote
> There should be a way. If I can get the measurePosition from the glob
> somehow, it should be possible. Perhaps someone more familiar with the
> internals can tell us.

I'm pretty sure you can't access measurePosition or measureLength by
overriding a NoteHead grob property.  They are context properties, and you
can't access a grob's context or context properties from a grob property
override.

So that's what leads me to think that it will have to be working with
engravers or translators that have access to the context properties you want
to access and change.

I'm not sure exactly what it is you are trying to do...  Here are some
things to check out, if you haven't yet:

NoteHead grob (no measurePosition property)
http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.18/Documentation/internals/notehead

Timing_translator (has the properties you want)
http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.18/Documentation/internals/timing_005ftranslator

Complex compound time signatures snippet
http://lsr.di.unimi.it/LSR/Item?id=743

LSR search for measurePosition
http://lsr.di.unimi.it/LSR/Search?q=measurePosition

Cheers,