compoundMeter - how to get lilypond to recognize the bar line in the mid

From: Jay Vara
Subject: compoundMeter - how to get lilypond to recognize the bar line in the middle
Date: Thu, 18 Sep 2014 19:00:33 +0000 (UTC)

>I am not top-posting

I am using a compoundMeter - 5/4 + 2/4. I would like to see a bar line
after 5 quarter notes (and after 7 quarter notes). Plus I would like
Completion_heads_engraver to recognize the bar line after the 5 quarter
notes.

I was able to artificially achieve getting the bar lines by adding a
silent voice with those bar lines.

However I was not able to find anything that would make the fifth note
g2 in the following example to be automatically replaced by g4~g4 [tied
quarter notes] as happens for the seventh note where a2 is replaced by
a4~a4.

Also, in the code below, I tried to prevent the time signature from
printing - does not seem to work for compoundMeter. Also not sure why I
got a couple of extra staff lines, plus how it got the 7/4 meter for the
extra staves.

\version "2.18.2"
fooBar = { s1 s4\bar "!"  s2 \bar "||" }
music =  \relative c' {c4 d e f g2 a b4 c c b a g2 f4 e d c b a g a b}
\score {

  <<
   \override Staff.TimeSignature #'stencil = ##f
   \compoundMeter #'((5 4) (2 4) )
    \set Timing.beatStructure = #'(5  2 )

    \new Voice = "theBarLines" { \fooBar \fooBar \bar "|." }

     \new voice \music
     \shiftDurations #1 #0 {\music}

      }
\layout {