Re: How do I define an Lilypond/Scheme alist as cons of two a lists?

From: David Nalesnik
Subject: Re: How do I define an Lilypond/Scheme alist as cons of two a lists?
Date: Sun, 14 Sep 2014 18:14:27 -0500

Hi Jay,

On Sun, Sep 14, 2014 at 4:48 PM, Jay Vara <address@hidden> wrote:
David,

For some reason I am no longer able to post to gmane. It keeps complaining that I am top_posting. All I was trying to do was to post a new query.

Try adding this line at the top of your post:

> I'm not top posting.

(Hopefully, the initial ">" will show up...)

Here is the question I was trying to post. It seems to be a bug in version 2.18.2. Maybe you know the answer already.

This example is right from the snippet library. It is supposed to
produce bar lines in the lyric secion, but it does not. Can someone
check what is broken?

Could you post the title of the snippet or a link?  I'm having difficulty finding it in the documentation.  My first guess would be that you're using a dated version,  but I can't check.

\paper {
  #(define dump-extents #t)

  indent = 0\mm
  line-width = 160\mm
}

\layout {

}

% ****************************************************************
% ly snippet:
% ****************************************************************
\sourcefilename "bar-lines-lyric-only.ly"

\header { texidoc = "@cindex Bar line lyric only
You can move @code{Bar_engraver} and @code{Span_bar_engraver} to
a different engraving context, if you want, for example, bar lines
on lyrics. "
}

\score {
    \relative c' \context ChoirStaff <<
\new Staff { c1 c1 c1}
\lyricmode <<
   \new Lyrics  { bla1 die bla }

\new Staff { c1 c1 c1}

    \layout  {
ragged-right = ##t
\context {
   \Lyrics
   \consists "Bar_engraver"
            \override BarLine #'bar-size = #4

   %% need procedure, since lyrics doesn't have a staff_sym

The following line will certainly cause an error.  I don't know if this is your problem, or a consequence of copy and paste into your email.  Anyway, you need % to indicate a comment.

engraver.
  % \override BarLine #'bar-size = #3.0
}
\context{