Re: Horizontal bar below staff

From: Marc Hohl
Subject: Re: Horizontal bar below staff
Date: Sun, 14 Sep 2014 09:10:58 +0200

Am 13.09.2014 um 22:14 schrieb Jakob Schöttl:
Hello,

for a tabulature for diatonic harmonica I need a strong horizontal bar
or line below the notes.  This is for indicating bellow "push/blow" (in
contrast to "pull/draw").  Please see the attached image for how it
should look.

The bar should can

  - span multiple notes and even measures
  - but also only mark a single note.

I think that should be possible with text spanners,

\score {
  <<
    \new Staff  {
      \new Voice {
         \override TextSpanner.style = #'line
         \override TextSpanner.thickness = #3
         \textSpannerDown
         g\startTextSpan e f g\stopTextSpan e f

You'll have to fiddle with the right edge of the spanner, and IIUC, you cannot start and stop a TextSpanner on the same note ...

HTH a bit,

Marc

If possible, the bar should be bound to notes.  I'm using Python with
Abjad and I cannot arbitrarily insert LilyPond/Scheme commands.  But I
can add commands to notes like { \xNote c' } or { c'\harmonic }.

Thanks!

-- Jakob