Re: beginner stanza help

From: Samuel Speer
Subject: Re: beginner stanza help
Date: Tue, 9 Sep 2014 20:24:50 -0600

No one's calling you an idiot.

In your example, you create a variable called text and then define it as the first stanza. However, the second stanza is sort of just-- hanging out there. Try renaming your first variable textOne and then before the second \lyricmode add textTwo = , then in your score you will add two lyric lines below the voice.

textOne = \lyricmode {

\set stanza = #"1. "

here are | %m1

the words | %m2

}

textTwo = \lyricmode {

\set stanza = #"2. "

here are | %m1

more words | %m2

}

mySong = { c'2 d' e' f' }

\score {

<<

\new Voice \mySong

\addlyrics \textOne

\addlyrics \textTwo

}

http://www.lilypond.org/doc/v2.18/Documentation/notation/stanzas
> should get you going.
>
> Cheers,
> Colin

Yes, I read it, tried, failed, and posted my query. If I am too much of
an idiot to deal with, I understand. Such is life.

-s