Re: How to handle changing transpositions

From: Jan-Peter Voigt
Subject: Re: How to handle changing transpositions
Date: Tue, 09 Sep 2014 14:42:37 +0200

Hi Urs,

On 09.09.2014 14:29, Urs Liska wrote:
> What are the most straightforward approacges to dealing with
> instruments that actually change transposition, e.g. clarinets in A
> and B or an oboe/englishhorn part?
may I again mention the auto-transpose snippet.
If music is either entered in concert-pitch or *always* in
instrument-pitch, it can transpose the music accordingly. The
instrumentTransposition can be set either inline or via the
edition-engraver with \instrumentSwitch, if this instrument has been
defined before:
https://github.com/openlilylib/openlilylib/blob/master/editorial-tools/auto-transpose/example.ly

HTH
Best, Jan-Peter