Re: In wait for a subsequent word (sorry how can I put it)?

From: Phil Holmes
Subject: Re: In wait for a subsequent word (sorry how can I put it)?
Date: Sun, 7 Sep 2014 16:36:30 +0100

----- Original Message ----- From: "Son_V" <address@hidden>
To: <address@hidden>
Sent: Sunday, September 07, 2014 4:21 PM

Sorry for the uncomprehensible subject - the question: it's easy when you
have a word hyphenated between some notes - like "San __ \skip4 ctus"; but
if you have a word that's finished but must be sung for some other notes,
like "ctus" that must be sung for say other four notes, I usually leave no
"__" or "--"; sometimes it can be misunderstooding. Is THERE A RULE FOR
THESE SITUATIONS, and how could eventually I make these signs appear?
Thanks.

You should generally add a "lyric extender", like this:

\score {
<<
\new Voice = "one" {
c''4 d'' c'' d'' e'' f'' e'' f''