Re: How can we obtain ties across voices in parallel music?

From: Urs Liska
Subject: Re: How can we obtain ties across voices in parallel music?
Date: Thu, 04 Sep 2014 20:59:59 +0200

The only thing I dislike about this is the use of \hideNotes.

\hideNotes makes Notes _transparent_ but doesn't remove the stencils. This often results in strange output issues, sometimes striking, sometimes subtle. The problem is that the ties or slurs will still try to avoid the hidden items, which is particularly annoying with hidden notes with flags.

http://lilypondblog.org/2013/07/voice-contexts-in-temporary-polyphonic-sections/
treats this issue from a slightly different perspective. Writing a post about cross-voice ties has been on my todo-list for a very long time.

Best
Urs