Re: Context order

From: Janek Warchoł
Subject: Re: Context order
Date: Thu, 28 Aug 2014 19:33:46 +0200

Hi,

> Hi list,
>
> I'm wondering if there is a simple way to keep the PianoStaff at the bottom
> of the vertical group, regardless of contexts being created / destroyed
> above it.
>
> Basically, I've created a ChoirStaff with non-simultaneous music and grouped
> it with the PianoStaff:
>
> <<
>
>   ChoirStaff <<
>      {
>          << First line of music >>
>          << Next line of music >>
>          << Third line of music >>
>       }
>    >>

>   PianoStaff <<
>     { All lines of music combined }
>   >>

> In the attached pdf, you'll see that the PianoStaff jumps to the top on the
> second line when new contexts are created inside the ChoirStaff. Can I force
> the PianoStaff to the bottom? I tried AlignBelowContext, but I think that
> only works for lyrics.

AFAIK AlignBelow/AboveContext should work (but you may have to use it
on the other context, i.e. voices instead of the piano).

However, i think that you actually should use another approach for
what you're doing (i.e. not spawn new contexts when the voices split).
You may find thread "How split SA staff into two staff - each now has
two voices?" helpful for that.  Interestingly, i have just a few
minutes ago started another discussion on this very topic, see
"partcombine/divisi framework - let the fun begin!" thread.

hth,
Janek