Specifying absolute MIDI start/end volume for crescendo/decrescendo

From: Yann
Subject: Specifying absolute MIDI start/end volume for crescendo/decrescendo
Date: Tue, 26 Aug 2014 17:23:05 +0200

Hello :)

I have a situation similar to this one :

\relative c'{ c4\mp d\< e f |

g a b c |

b\> a g f |

e d c2\! |

c c |

g1'}

(I don't know exactly how this one is rendered in midi, but this is to give an idea).

What I mean with these dynamics is, the ending volume of the decresc is more or less the same as starting volume of the cresc (so, mp) - I don't know if it is clear only by seeing the score.

But what I get in the midi is that the volume at the end of the decresc is a lot softer. My question is, is there a way to specify an absolute ending volume for the decresc (or maybe with an invisible dynamic). Is someone aware of a way to achieve this ?

Thanks a lot !

Yann