Re: Same font size for lyrics and markup

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: Same font size for lyrics and markup
Date: Sun, 17 Aug 2014 20:40:26 +0200

> Hi David,
>
>>> 2. In the future, perhaps leave out the utterly useless word “utterly”
>>> from your otherwise helpful answers; it’ll go a long way to keeping
>>> the spirit of the list above the dirt. An equally effective — and much
>>> more positive — answer would have been “And remove the unnecessary”,
>>> which even would have saved you six keystrokes as a bonus.
>>
>> You probably would not believe the amount of problems caused by the
>> cruft people collect into their personal files based on what they
>> believe someone told them to be a good idea. [etc.]
>> I'm spending most of my time and efforts beating sense into LilyPond
>
> You’ve missed the point.
> I’m suggesting that you could — indeed, should — consider being more
> positive in the way you beat sense into [the users of] Lilypond.

When I say "And remove the utterly pointless ..." then obviously the
qualification "utterly pointless" refers to the "..." rather than the
user.

In contrast to me calling out bad code, you call me out as a bad person
with a spirit below dirt, a person you are trying to suggest that could
possibly be coaxed into civil behavior by suggesting that this could
have saved said person six keystrokes.

In order to "keep the spirit of the list above the dirt", I'll stop
reading and writing it for now.

--
David Kastrup