lilypond-book and includes

From: TaoCG
Subject: lilypond-book and includes
Date: Sat, 9 Aug 2014 05:50:59 -0700 (PDT)

Dear List,

I'm having trouble using includes with lilypond-book.
When I use \include in the snippet with an absolute path it works but when I
try to include the path with the comand-line option I get an empty staff.

e.g.

\include "/home/user/lily/test.ly"

works, whereas

\include "test.ly"

with

--include=/home/user/lily/

doesn't.

And I don't get an error message, it's just an empty staff.
If I change the \include to a non-existant file I do get an error message.

I use lilypond-book from within lyx if this matters.

So, using absolute paths would be a workaround but I'd much prefer finding a
solution for this to work with --include