Re: Many staff contexts do not nest

From: Abraham Lee
Subject: Re: Many staff contexts do not nest
Date: Mon, 04 Aug 2014 16:47:39 -0006

On Mon, Aug 4, 2014 at 10:39 AM, Richard Shann <address@hidden> wrote:
Perhaps the following could be added to the Nested Staff Groups section of the page http://www.lilypond.org/doc/v2.18/Documentation/notation/displaying-staves "By default Piano Staff, Grand Staff and Staff Group can be nested inside a Choir Staff and any of these can be nested inside a Staff Group." perhaps immediately before the sentence "New nested staff group contexts can be defined." Thanks for the clarifications, I see what I can reasonably check now. Richard

Well, it's not that other combinations CAN'T be nested at all, because you've shown that they can. It's just that the corresponding braces/brackets may not appear like one would expect them to.

Not sure how to clarify this in the docs, but I think this must also be mentioned somehow. There's something in the behavior of "\accepts" that still allows them to be present, but the nomenclature makes it sound like they shouldn't be.

Is it must me or is that a little weird...

-Abraham