Re: thanks again for the editionEngraver

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: thanks again for the editionEngraver
Date: Wed, 30 Jul 2014 00:54:35 +0200

Janek Warchoł <address@hidden> writes:

> Hi Jan-Peter,

>> Hi Janek,
>>
>> your predefined context are cool :)
>
> Thanks!
>
>> I see them in context with my lalily templates -- they will of course
>> benifit. And the editionEngraver can indeed take advantage from specific
>> context names. But still there need to be a way to separate (for
>> example) violin 1 and 2.
>
> As i said, defining new instrument contexts is very cheap - you can just do
>
> \newInstrument "ViolinI" "Violin" "StaffGroup"\with { } \with { }
> \newInstrument "ViolinII" "Violin" "StaffGroup"\with { } \with { }
>
> and have ViolinI and ViolinII available.

Would it be feasible to put the context mods _before_ some reasonably
related argument, possibly like

\newInstrument \with {} "ViolinI" "Violin" \with {} "StaffGroup"

or probably

\newInstrument "Violin" \with {} "ViolinI" \with {} "StaffGroup" ?

Because when they are before a related non-optional argument, one can
make them optional.  Then if they are just \with {} anyway, you can omit
them.

--
David Kastrup