self-alignment-X has negligible effects on dynamics

From: David Nalesnik
Subject: self-alignment-X has negligible effects on dynamics
Date: Mon, 28 Jul 2014 09:13:46 -0500

In the following example, the ordinary overrides of self-alignment-X appear to have no effect on the position pf the dynamics (or an effect I can't see).  Large numbers are needed for an obvious shift.

Is this a bug, or something I'm doing wrong?

\version "2.19.10"

{
  \override DynamicText.self-alignment-X = #LEFT
  c'4\f
  \override DynamicText.self-alignment-X = #RIGHT
  c'4\f
  \override DynamicText.self-alignment-X = #CENTER
  c'4\f
  \override DynamicText.self-alignment-X = #20
  c'4\f
}

Thanks,
David