Re: Hairpin inside slur?

From: Simon Albrecht
Subject: Re: Hairpin inside slur?
Date: Mon, 28 Jul 2014 12:52:34 +0200

Am 27.07.2014 23:17, schrieb pls:

On 27.07.2014, at 22:18, Phil Holmes <address@hidden> wrote:

I don't know.  My guess: there is no reasonable slur that will miss the hairpin if the hairpin is inside the slur, so Lily does the best compromise.

Thanks, Phil!  It’s actually an excerpt of a real-life example I’m trying to re-engrave.  There is probably no automated solution for this case so I might use the \shape function.
And there’s always the question if it’s really a good idea to follow the example even in such details as the shape of one slur. Often it makes more sense to take some liberty and find one’s own solutions.

Best, Simon