Re: .ly to .svg - can't manage to get anything working

From: tisimst
Subject: Re: .ly to .svg - can't manage to get anything working
Date: Mon, 21 Jul 2014 03:27:26 -0700 (PDT)

Stefaan Himpe wrote
> Pieter-Jan Van Damme wrote:
>
>> Would you guys have any suggestions for a novice like myself?
>
> When I needed SVG in the past, I found it straightforward to generate it
> from Frescobaldi (http://frescobaldi.org ).
>
> In the Lilypond menu, use "Engrave (Custom)" and choose svg as backend.
>
> If your problem is one of wrong command line arguments, then this approach
> might work around it.
>
> Best regards,
> Stefaan.
>
> --
> http://technogems.blogspot.com
> http://a-touch-of-music.blogspot.com
> http://youtube.com/stefaanhimpe

+1!

Pieter,

Yes, if you haven't tried Frescobaldi before, well, you need to. It has
become an essential tool for working with LilyPond and makes lots of tasks,
including working with svg files, lots easier.

You can even make SVG output the default if that's something you were
looking for.

Regards,
Abraham