Re: Header markup question

From: Abraham Lee
Subject: Re: Header markup question
Date: Thu, 10 Jul 2014 10:12:12 -0006

On Thu, Jul 10, 2014 at 4:03 AM, Noeck <address@hidden> wrote:
Hi Abraham, this was the next point on my LilyPond todo list, doing such a spacing cheat sheet. Thanks a lot for sharing. Can you provide a link such that other users can be pointed to it? Thanks, Joram Am 08.07.2014 16:48, schrieb Abraham Lee:
On Tue, Jul 8, 2014 at 5:05 AM, Larry Kent <address@hidden> wrote:
I'm editing a file that was created in 2.16. Within the *\paper* settings, I have the following two lines that put headers on pages after the first, and they print too close to the top edge of the paper. What markup should be added to move the headers down a bit? *evenHeaderMarkup=\markup \fill-line { \fromproperty #'page:page-number-string \htitle \hcomposer } * *oddHeaderMarkup= \markup \fill-line { \on-the-fly #not-first-page \hcomposer \on-the-fly #not-first-page \htitle \on-the-fly #not-first-page \fromproperty #'page:page-number-string }* ** Thanks. Larry Kent Tampa, FL
Larry, This may also help. I made this diagram because I had trouble understanding which page layout properties did what. See attached for a graphical example of vertical layout properties (some rigid, some flexible). This, in conjunction with the description in the notation reference (http://www.lilypond.org/doc/v2.18/Documentation/notation/page-layout), should give you enough options. Also, you could also do the something like this in a \markup block: \markup { \column { " " \line { \what-you-want-to-print } } } This will force a little extra space on top of "\what-you-want-to-print". Regards, Abraham _______________________________________________ lilypond-user mailing list address@hidden https://lists.gnu.org/mailman/listinfo/lilypond-user