Re: LilyPond-Book and \include statements

From: James
Subject: Re: LilyPond-Book and \include statements
Date: Sat, 05 Jul 2014 05:45:08 +0100

On 30/06/14 20:02, Br. Samuel Springuel wrote:
> Looking in those directories, I find no *.log files and the *.texi
> file simply contains a list of @image commands which point at the
> generated eps files (with @c eof at the end) and thus doesn't seem to
> be of much use.  Is there some option flag to force the *.log file?
>
> On the issues of the include statement and the included files, I don't
> think there are any problems there because LilyPond itself operates
> just fine on the files, as does lilypond-book when I'm not using the
> --output or --lily-output-dir options.  It's only when I specify one
> (or both) of those options that the problem arises.  You should be
> able to double check this yourself by looking at the source files I
> attached to the original email (I claim no expertise for my opinion,
> only that it appears to work to me).
>
> ✝✝✝✝✝✝✝✝✝✝✝✝✝✝✝✝✝✝✝✝✝✝✝✝✝
> Br. Samuel, OSB
> (R. Padraic Springuel)
>
> PAX ☧ ΧΡΙΣΤΟΣ
I haven't been able to figure it out other than I can replicate the
problem using TexInfo and lilypond-book, the actual offending line is the

aster = \set stanza = \markup{"*"}

Variable.

It works in a good old fashioned *.ly file compiled with lilypond on the
command line but when used with LilyPond-book it seems to have problems.
I don't know what 'environment' LilyPond book is adding to the snippets
you are incorporating into your Tex code - and tried it with nofragment
as well as fragment option and it still failed.

Maybe someone can work it out on the list, I can tell you that
lilypond-book calls some of the files in ../lilypond/current/python/..
which again may give some clues as to what could be tweaked. Or perhaps
there is another way of constructing that variable that doesn't trigger
the problem.

Sorry that I don't have a solution.

James