Re: lilypond-user Digest, Vol 139, Issue 116

From: Patrick or Cynthia Karl
Subject: Re: lilypond-user Digest, Vol 139, Issue 116
Date: Sun, 29 Jun 2014 21:40:02 -0500

> Message: 2
> Date: Sun, 29 Jun 2014 22:04:05 +0200
> From: Thomas Morley <address@hidden>
> Subject: Re: What is it with \bar "||"?
>

> Actually it is a little more complicated.

First of all let me say that I appreciate everyone's patience with me.  I have
learned more that I thought I would from this discussion.

Second, it seems to me that this topic is much more complicated that it ought
to be.

Finally, I still think that the following statement in section 1.4 of the
Notation documentation:

volta   ... If the repeat is at the beginning of a piece, a repeat bar line is
only printed at the end of
                the repeat.

needs modification because it is misleading.  It implies that if the repeat is
not at the beginning of a piece, a repeat bar will be printed at the beginning
of the repeat.  That implication is evidently false.